Women Cell Organizes Multiple Choice Competition (Theme: Legal Rights of Women) on 23rd November 2017
Women Cell, Farook College
Multiple Choice Competition
Theme: Legal Rights of Women
This is to notify that the Women Cell, Farook College, under the aegis of National Commission for Women in the best interests of women, and in furtherance of its mandate of safeguarding the rights and entitlements of women is organizing a multiple choice competition on 23rd November 2017 based on the guidelines provided by the Commission to create awareness among the college student community about the legal rights of women. Interested participants should contact the undersigned for registration and participation in the competition.
Details of the competition programme are as follows:
- The competition is open for entire students’ community (UG, PG, Research Scholars).
- A single set question paper based on multiple choice items will be administered to the participants.
- The question paper will consist of a total 60 questions to be completed in 45 minutes.
- Each correct answer for a question stands for 2 marks and no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Venue: UG Seminar Hall, Farook college, Kozhikode.
- Date & Time: 23rd November 2017, 2: 00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- The questions will cover the topics relating to the following laws:
- Constitution of India mainly, the preamble, fundamental rights, directive principles of state policy, fundamentals duties, including article 33 and article 226 thereof.
- National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (20 of 1990).
- Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961.
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
- The Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act) Act, 2013
- The Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2013.
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
- The Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971 (34 of 1971).
- The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956.
- The Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, 1994.
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015.
- The Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2008.
- The last date for registration is 22nd November 2017, 2 pm. The registration form is available at the college library Photostat section.
- Registration for participants is free. However, the participants have to fill the registration form and submit it to the Coordinator/ Executive members of the Women’s cell on or before the last date.
- Participation certificate will be given to all the participants. However, cash prizes will be given to the winners only.
- First Prize:2000/-
- Second Prize: 1,500/-
- Third Prize: 1000 X 5 = 5000/-
Note: 1. Prize and certificate distribution ceremony will be held at Farook college during 2018. For any clarification and inquiry please contact the undersigned.
- In case of a tie the aforementioned amount will be equally shared among the prize winners.
- The teacher Executive members are Dr Rasiya Anwar, Dr Krishnarani S D, Dr Zeenath kunhi, Dr Shobha T R, Dr Rashiba A P, Dr Shalina, Ms Sonila Florence,
Student executive members – Mina Farzana and Farhath E
The last date for registration is 22nd November 2017. Please click here for the registration form.
(Dr. (Mrs.) LAKSHMI PRADEEP)
Contact No. 9946197296