- Established in 1948.
- A college with minority status granted by The National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Govt of India.
- A college with 70% girls students from minority communities.
- College with largest number of visually challenged students in Kerala State.
- The most sought after college by the PWD students.
- A college with the first and the only center for Assistive Technology in the country.
- The only Arts and Science College offering palliative care clinic to serve the public.
- The largest college in the state of Kerala that taps the state and central scholarship schemes.
- A college with largest Alumni network in the state including 10 overseas chapters.
- The only college with a research center offering PhD Programme in Computer Science among the Arts and Science Colleges in the state.
- Offers20 UG Programmes and 15 PG Programmes.
- 8 Research Centres.
- Reaccredited at A+ Level with a CGPA of 3.51.
- Accredited at Five Star level by NAAC Bangalore and Re-Accredited at ‘A-Grade’.
- College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) since 2004.
- FIST support under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- R Shankar award winner (2 times).
- Winner of Moulana Azad National Literacy Award.
- Highest Demand Ratio among colleges under the University.
- 2014-15 – 43000 Applicants.
- 2013-14 – 36000 Applicants.
- Library Complex with 87,000 collections, 172 journals and periodicals.
- Campus Connectivity with OFC backbone.
- E-journal facility (n-list programme of INFLIBNET).
- Digital talking book library for visually impaired students.
- Largest Residential Campus in the state of Kerala.
- 4 men’s hostels.
- 3 women’s (Including working women’s hostel).
- Campus ranging from Day Care Centre to Research Centre.
- Resident quarters for Teaching and Non-teaching staff.
- PM institute of Civil Services Examinations.
- Publication Division.
- Foreign students under ICCR Programmes.
- Hosted 67th Indian History Congress in 2007. First and only College to host this event in the country.
- Consultancy and Research Projects.
- Continuous and Excellent performance of students in Arts and Sports.
Pain & Palliative Care Unit
- A joint venture of teachers & students to provide continuous care to the terminally ill patients.
- First of its kind in a campus in the world.
- Around 320 patients get care on an average.
- On an average it spends Rs. 8,00,000.00 per annum.
- Service covers 5 Grama Panchayaths which include services like Home visit, Doctor care, Nursing care, Financial Support, Social Support, Ambulance & Jeep facility.
- Volunteers & Contributors include Teachers, students and public.
- A scheme of the college to support financially weaker students.
- Support for Books, Fees, Mess, Travel, Hostel dues etc.
- On an average, it spends Rs. 6 Lakhs per year.
- It is supported by old students, teachers, parents and well wishers.
- The College could grab more than Rs. ONE CRORE (highest in the state) to the students as scholarship in 2013-14 and is 2014-2015.
- A State level centre under Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment for capacity building of differently-abled persons.
- First of its kind in the country.
- Established the first centre of KSCAT in Kerala at the College on 20-09-2014.
- Visually challenged students of the college are benefited.
- Helps in developing a blind friendly campus.
- A Nation wide project under the Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with Non Government Organizations and Academic institutions.
- The only Nodal office of the District is in the College.
- Adopted Perumanna Panchayath and declared as Child Friendly Panchayath.
- A project of Silver Jubilee Celebration of the College.
- Doctor, Nurse and Pharmacy.
- Pain and Palliative Clinic is also housed in the Centre.
FOSA – Farook College Old Students Association
- About 60,000 old students.
- FOSA units spread in 10 foreign countries, 3 metro Cities and all districts in Kerala.
- Major contributors of Edu-support.
- Department wise FOSA available in all departments.
- Infrastructural support.
- Only College with separate Publication Division.
- 13 books have already been published including 4 by students.
- 3 Research journals are about to be launched.
- Publishes Campus Vibes, the news letter of the college.
- A Bound collection of all the publication of faculty members of the college.
The Association of Retired Teachers (ART)
- Art is a platform of the former teachers of Farook College, the mentors of many generations, to open up and speak.
- Academic and Administrative guidance.
- To involve in the welfare and developmental activities of Farook College.
- Guide the teachers of the young generation.
- Maintain and develop goodwill and friendship between its members and the employees of Farook College.
P.M. Institute of Civil Services Examination
- An exclusive centre of coaching for civil services examination established in 2001 with the objective of grooming young talented graduates for the Indian civil services examination.
- First college in the state to offer fully residential coaching for Civil Services Examinations.
- NCC (3 Units) , NSS (2 Units)
- Centre for Human Resource Development(CHRD)
- Career Guidance and Placement Cell
- Total Improvement Programme (TIP)
- Remedial Coaching Centre for SC/ST & Minority Students
- Coaching for Entry in Services for SC/ST & Minority Students
- IGNOU Study Centre
- INSIGHT Club for visually challenged students
- Radio Club & Film Club
- Cooperative Store
- Bird Wing Biodiversity Club (Supported by Kerala State Biodiversity Board)
- Sahyadri Club
- Canopy Nature Club
- Readers Forum
- Music Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- ED Club
- Folklore ClubWomen Cell
- IT / Smart infrastructure
- Informatics Centre(UGC Network Resource Centre)
- Statistical Computing Lab
- Language Lab
- Media Lab
- Smart Class rooms (14)
- Audio Visual Theatre
- Virtual Hall
- Sports infrastructure
- Kunhali Marakar Indoor Stadium
- Play Grounds
- Physical Fitness Centre
- Basket Ball Ground
- Yusuf Al Saqer AuditoriumAuditorium
- Haji A P Bava Convention Centre
- SBT Branch
- PNB ATM Counter
- Day Care Centre
- Seminar Halls (4)
- Conference Hall
- FOSA Guest House