This is a support plan to help deserving students in need of financial back-up, in addition to Students’ Aid Fund. The scheme is supported by the PTA, FOSA Qatar ,Jedda and Dubai Units, Laila Yousef AL-Saqer (Kuwait), well wishers and the teachers of the College.
Five scholarships of Rs. 6000/- per year have been instituted by Dr. Valiyapalam Ahammed Kutty in memory of Peringat Thody Achutty Umma, Pernigat Thody Aisakutty, Valiyapalam Mohammed, Valiyapalam Aisa and Edathody Ahammed Koya. These will be offered to the students based on merit cum need.
The Government of India awards a number of scholarships every year to students belonging to the backward classes. Students of the college are eligible also for Merit Scholarships awarded by the Government of India and the University.
Five Merit Scholarships of the value to Rs. 300/- each are awarded to the students admitted in the college as per rules framed for the purpose.
Kerala State Scholarships for Arts and Science Courses are available to students in their first year of study in various courses provided they have secured 50% marks and above in the qualifying examinations, and annual income of their parents does not exceed Rs. 10,000/- and Rs. 12,000/- respectively for Degree and Post Graduate courses. The scholarships are awarded on Merit cum means basis subject to the number allotted each year.
Five scholarships of Rs. 6000/- per year have been instituted by Dr. Valiyapalam Ahammed Kutty in memory of Peringat Thody Achutty Umma, Peringot Thody Aisakutty, Valiyapalam Mohammed, Valiyapalam Aisa and Edathody Ahammed Koya. These will be offered to the students based on merit cum need.
Trophies and Prizes
1. Moulavi Abussabah Memorial Rolling Trophy for Malayalam Elocution to the winning team of two speakers from the colleges in Kozhikode District, instiuted by the College Union 1972
2. Haji N.JK. Seethi Muhamed Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in B.A. Arabic & Islamic History
3. K. Ismail Saheb Memorial Prize for the top scorers of the College in B.A. Economics and in B.Sc. all parts taken together, instituted by heir of Ismail Saheb, Feroke.
4. Abdul Haque Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.A. Arabic Examination.
5. K.M. Seethi Saheb memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.A. English Examination.
6. P.I. Kunhahamex Kutty Haji Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Chemistry Examination.
7. C.P. Kunhahamed Saheb Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Mathematics Examination.
8. P.I. Ahamed Koya Haji Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.Com. Examination.
9. Raja Abdula Kader Haji Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.A. Economics Examination.
10. M.V.R. Nair Endowment Prize donated by M.V.R. Nair, GTN Textiles, Alwaye for the top scorer of the College in B.Com. and B.B.A. Examinations.
11. B.M. Mohamed Sahib Memorial Endowment Scholarship for the top scorer among the handicapped students.
12. V. Hassan Haji Memorial Prize for the top scorer of the College in M.A. History Examination.
13. K. Avaran Kutty Haji Memorial Prize donated by Jb. K.C. Hassan Kutty for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Statistics Examination.
14. M.V. Hydross Saheb Memorial Prize donated by Mr. M. Ayub for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Zoology Examination.
15. S. Umbichikoya Haji Memorial Prize donated by Jb. P.P. Aboobacker Koya for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Physics Examination.
16. Prof. P.V. Rajagopal Memorial Prize donated by the Department of English, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in B.A. English Examination.
17. Prof. A.K. Abdul Majeeed Memorial Prize donated by the Department of Physics, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in B.Sc. Physics Examination.
18. P. Surendran Memorial Prize donated by Azad Hostel, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in B.Sc. Zoology Examination.
19. Prof. N.K. Kurup Endowment Prize instituted by Old Students in Botany Department, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in B.Sc. Botany Examination.
20. Moulavi Mohammed Abussalah Memorial Award donated by Mr. M. Najeeb for the top scorer of the College in B.A. Arabic & Islamic History Examination.
21. P.P. Mohammed Memorial Prize awarded to the top scorer in the SSLC Examination from among the wards of non-teaching staff.
22. Prize for the best student in B.A. Economics instituted in memory of Ajith, a former student, by his parents.
23. Moulavi Abussabah Ahamed Ali Memorial Prize donated by Dr. T. A. Abdul Azeez for the top scorer of the College in B.L.I.Sc. Examination.
24. Special Prize donated by Informatics Centre, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in B.Sc. Computer Science examination.
25. Special Prize donated by Informatics Centre, Farook College for the top scorer of the College in M.Sc. Computer Science examination.
Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA)
The Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA), New Delhi has selected Farook College for its activities for Excellence in 2002. Farook College is the only one in the State and one of the few in the country to receive the grant. The selection was based on a proposal submitted to the Foundation for addressing the issues of capacity building of the human inputs of the campus under the project “Pathway”. In addition to this, the FAEA is giving scholarships to selected students from the college.
Remedial Coaching Centre for SC/ST Students
This is a recognized centre for supporting the SC/ST students in learning process. It is fully supported by the UGC, New Delhi and covers subjects like Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Accountancy, Business, Statistics and English.
Co-ordinator: C. Ummer
Pre-Examination Coaching Centre
Started under UGC aid in 1989, the Centre offers free coaching to eligible students of identified religious minorities for various professional entrance, competition and selection tests of the central, state and private agencies. Remedial coaching in core subjects for outstanding students is a noteworthy feature of the centre.
Students Care and Guidance
The Advisory Scheme
The students of the college are divided at the beginning of the year into groups depending on the strength of the class. Each group is placed under the personal care of a teacher designated Advisor. The groups will meet formally at regular intervals. They will meet informally in small numbers as often as possible.
The Advisors will discuss with the group under their care, the general and individual problems and difficulty of students both when they formally meet and on other occasions.
The Advisors will exercise strict disciplinary control over their wards. They will closely watch their conduct and progress and maintain continuous contact with the parents as well as the ward.
The Director of Advisory Scheme is responsible for the implementation of student welfare schemes at the college.
An Ethics Committee has been constituted as per the Govt. Order (RT) No. 346/05/H.Edn. dt. 01-03-2005 to moniter implementation of the decision banning mobile phones, cinematic dance and fashion show on the campus with the co-operation of the College PTA, Staff members, Students’ Union, Management Committee, NSS, NCC, and local authorities. The Committee consists of the following members:
Chairman : Principal
Vice Chairman: PTA Vice President
Convener : Staff Advisor
Joint Convener: College Students’ Union Chairman
Members : Manager, Farook College
Ward Member, Grama Panchayath
Lady Staff Member
Grievance Redress Forum
Grievance redressal forum is an appellate body to hear and decide on the matters related to academic, discipline, curricular and co-curricular activities which could not be settled at the grievance redressal cell formed at Department level. The grievance redressal cell consists of ..
(1) Head of the Department and
(2) Advisor concerned
The grievance redressal forum will consist of the following members:
1. Principal (Chairman)
2. Staff Advisor
3. Convenor, Discipline Committee
5. A member from the College Council nominated by the Principal
6. College Union Chairman (Student Representative)
The Anit-Ragging Committee shall be headed by the Head of the institution and shall consist of representatives of faculty members, parents, students belonging to the freshers’ category as well as seniors and non-teaching staff. It shall consider the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad and take appropriate decisions, including spelling out suitable punishments to those found guilty.
The Anti-Ragging Squad shall be nominated by the Head of the institution with such representation as considered necessary and shall consist of members belonging to the various sections of the campus community. The Squad will have vigil, oversight and patrolling functions. T shall be kept mobile, alert and active at all times and shall be empowered to inspect places of potential ragging and make surprise raids on hostels and other hot spots. The squad shall investigate incidents of ragging and make recommendations to the Anti-Ragging committee and shall work under the overall guidance of the said committee.